Oct 2019 – New Role in Wellington, New Zealand
NMR Sales Engineer – Japan
About the role
Magritek designs and manufactures innovative scientific instruments in the field of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) and is the global leader in the Benchtop NMR Spectrometer market. Magritek has operations in Europe, North America and Asia/Pacific with markets in Analytical Instruments, Fine Chemicals, Pharma, Foods, and Academic Research & Education.
The benchtop NMR spectrometer business is significantly expanding and therefore Magritek is seeking an NMR Sales Engineer to be based at our New Zealand office in Wellington, who can support our growing business in Asia/Pacific, in particular in Japan.
- Provide support and advice for Magritek customers and distributors in the Japan and Asia Region.
- Respond to enquiries with technical information to support Distributors and help customers make decisions in the region.
- Attend scientific conferences and events and deliver presentations about Magritek NMR products.
- Collate enquiry and sales information from the region to assist with sales forecasts.
- Gather information from customers that can help the internal product development process
- Identify opportunities and applications for business development in these markets by understanding customer needs.
- Collaborate with customers, distributors and our R&D team to ensure success of newly deployed instruments
- Degree qualification in chemistry.
- Good background in organic chemistry.
- Knowledge of analytical methods, preferably NMR.
- Effective English and Japanese oral and written communication is essential. Other language capabilities highly desirable
- Able to work independently with strong organizational skills.
- Comfortable working in an international, fast growing company.
- Willing and able to travel internationally.
Please send your application (covering letter and CV) together with your earliest possible start date and salary expectations to – email@example.com
Unit 3, 6 Hurring Place