Spinsolve, Spinsolve Carbon and Spinsolve Phosphorous benchtop NMR spectrometers
The high-performance, low-cost benchtop NMR system for every chemistry lab.
Spinsolve® is perfect for chemistry education, synthetic chemistry and reaction monitoring.
We chose the Spinsolve NMR for use in an Instrumental Analysis laboratory with 90 students (mostly chemical engineers). In addition to NMR, students get exposure to UV-Vis, fluorescence, AA and IR spectroscopies. We wanted an NMR with a low operating cost which could be sited in the lab and leave the students with a positive NMR experience. Just like with the Terranova, the Spinsolve scores high points for ease of use, both in collecting and processing the data. Shimming is easy and does not need to be performed on each sample. The resolution is sufficient for students to easily analyse 1- and 2-D H spectra of small molecules.
Joseph P. Hornak, Ph.D., Professor of Chemistry and Imaging Science, Rochester Institute of Technology
Now the students are able to acquire their own NMR spectra as well as carry out the analysis of the compounds they have made. This makes their undergraduate experiment more applicable to both research and industry settings and increases their enthusiasm for chemistry.
Professor Frances Separovic, Head of Chemistry, University of Melbourne
NOW available with Carbon, Phosphorous, Fluorine and Proton options as well as advanced 2D NMR experiments such as HMQC, HETCOR, COSY and JRES.
With Spinsolve you can get 13C, 19F and 1H NMR in the same system. With its small footprint, low weight and low cost you can have powerful, high resolution NMR spectroscopy in the chemistry lab, alongside other analytical instruments such as IR, GC, LC, MS, FTIR and Raman systems. Spinsolve now comes in 3 convenient versions
- Spinsolve for Education: Priced for Education, 1D proton only, upgradeable.
- Spinsolve: 1H and 19F nuclei. 2D COSY and JRES.
- Spinsolve Carbon: High performance 13C, 19F and 1H including DEPT, HETCOR, HMBC, HMQC experiments.
- Spinsolve Phosphorous: High performance 31P, 19F and 1H
Below are 1D , DEPT and HETCOR Carbon-13 NMR results from Spinsolve Carbon for a 1 Molar Lidocaine sample in d-Chloroform. The HETCOR experiment shows the coupling between the carbon and proton atoms in the molecule allowing complete elucidation of the structure.
Incredible sensitivity, beautiful software and easy to operate. Spinsolve can easily measure normal and concentrated samples in 10 seconds. For dilute samples a good spectrum can often be acquired in less than 10 minutes. Don’t waste time waiting for results when you can have them immediately. Perfect for when there is a queue of students waiting to measure their samples in a practical lab class.
No special NMR knowledge was required for the results on the left, a single click was required by the operator. See how the 2D COSY enables the small coupling peaks of the proton at position 10 to become apparent, even though they are hidden in the 1D proton spectrum. This shows how the power of 2D COSY NMR is particularly important for benchtop NMR spectrometers.
Convenient and Easy to use:
Spinsolve uses standard 5 mm OD NMR test tubes, exactly the same as high field instruments, so sample handling is familiar and convenient. Spinsolve can be deployed in the lab where you work, no more waiting for NMR results. It is completely safe to operate and the software is beautiful and easy to use. No expert operator required and students can use it themselves.
Low purchase and operating cost:
Because there is no superconducting magnet, Spinsolve costs a fraction of traditional high field systems to purchase and requires no expensive ongoing cryogen refills. Only a standard mains power supply is required and it consumes no more power than a regular PC.
The stray magnetic field is entirely inside the enclosure making it safe to deploy in a regular chemistry lab next to other analytical instruments.
Spinsolve Family Specifications:
- Frequencies: 42.5 MHz Proton , 40.1 MHz Fluorine, 17.5 MHz Phosphorous and 10.8 MHz Carbon
- Nuclei: 1H Proton, 19F Fluorine, 31P Phosphourous and 13C Carbon
- Resolution: 50% linewidth < 0.5 Hz (12ppb), 0.55% linewidth < 20 Hz
- Spinning: Not required. Compressed air: Not required
- Proton Sensitivity: > 100:1 for 1% ethylbenzene single scan
- Sample: Standard 5 mm OD NMR sample tubes, 7″ length
- Minimum Sample Volume: 200 uL
- Weight: 55kg
- Dimensions: 58 x 43 x 40 cm
- Lock: Fast automatic lock. Deuterium solvent not required
- Stray Field: 2G line completely inside spectrometer
Optional system versions (contact us for details):
- Diffusion gradient for DOSY and self-diffusion measurements, useful for emulsions, droplet sizing and solvent suppression.
- Reaction Monitoring Accessory for continuous flow measurements
- Expert Software for custom Pulse Programs and Scripts
- Education package which includes a book of Practical Lab Experiments