NMR and MRI Education
Spinsolve is a high resolution benchtop pulsed FT NMR Spectrometer. It uses standard 5mm NMR tubes and is the fastest compact NMR Spectrometer available today. It has applications in Research, Industry, Reaction Monitoring, Synthetic Chemistry and Education.
NMR Imaging and principles
See our new NMR and MRI teaching videos featuring Paul Callaghan.
Teaching modern NMR and MRI techniques is a challenge in most university physics courses and NMR/MRI research laboratories. Contemporary NMR/MRI systems are typically large, complex and expensive pieces of equipment. Training students on such instruments requires near constant supervision and large amounts of precious instrument time.
The NMR and MRI training challenge: To teach modern NMR/MRI techniques without monopolising valuable time on complex, expensive high-field NMR/MRI systems.
The Magritek solution: a simple, portable, easy-to-use NMR and MRI system with low purchase and operational costs. Terranova-MRI is an excellent introductory learning platform for new scientists in the field of NMR research.
Portable and compact, Terranova-MRI is perfect for teaching NMR and MRI in a university environment, where equipment space is often at a premium.
Using the Terranova-MRI Student Guide students learn about pulsed NMR and MRI by means of hands-on experimentation. The guide's self-contained, step-by-step student experiments, specifically designed for the Terranova-MRI system, explore a range of modern pulsed FT NMR and MRI experiments and concepts, including:
- FID acquisition
- NMR data processing
- Relaxation and diffusion measurements
- Scalar molecular interactions
- Phase cycling
- Multiple echo experiments
- 1D, 2D and 3D imaging
- Filtered Back Projection imaging
- Relaxation contrast imaging
The Terranova-MRI Earth's Field NMR and MRI teaching system is a complete pulsed FT NMR spectrometer and probe that uses the Earth's magnetic field for its detection field. Many MRI experiments can be performed with its three axis imaging gradients.
Features of the Terranova-MRI system include:
- a portable and lightweight design; the system can be easily stored when not in use
- a fully pulsed FT NMR spectrometer capable of teaching all modern NMR techniques
- the Terranova student guide containing a wide range of experiments for teaching and training NMR and MRI
- low operating costs: the system takes advantage of the globally available Earth's magnetic field
- a gradient coil for making diffusion measurements