Sept 2018 – New Role in Aachen, Germany
About the role
Magritek designs and manufactures innovative scientific instruments in the field of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) with operations in Europe, North America and Asia/Pacific. Our markets include Analytical Instruments, Oil & Gas, Tertiary Education, and Academic Research.
The benchtop NMR business is significantly expanding and therefore Magritek is seeking for an Application Scientist based in our European Headquarters in Aachen, Germany, capable of making a significant contribution to the future success of the company.
- Conduct application oriented R&D projects in collaboration with academic and industrial partners.
- Assist customers in designing and conducting experiments to initiate and validate the use of benchtop NMR systems in their laboratories.
- Identify opportunities and key applications for business development in core markets by understanding the customer needs.
- Collaborate with customers and our R&D team to ensure success of newly developed applications.
- Customer training, consulting and after sales support.
- Support and advice for the sales team in technical questions.
- Degree qualification in chemistry.
- Strong background in organic chemistry.
- Experience in spectrum interpretation of analytical methods, preferably NMR.
- Effective English oral and written communication.
- Comfortable working in an international, fast growing company.
- Current right to work in Germany.
- Able to travel internationally.
Please send your application (covering letter and CV) together with your earliest possible start date and salary expectations to Nina Horsch – email@example.com